Thursday, January 13, 2011

STRESS

Matthew 6:33  “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34  “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Jesus is telling us to chill out. Don't spend so much time worrying about what is going to happen next year, this year, or even tomorrow. He is telling us that as long as we focus on God, His kingdom, and His righteousness, everything that we need will be taken care of. 

I need to stop worrying about what I'm going to be doing next week...next year...I need to stop worrying who I'm going to marry, what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. I need to stop thinking about that my quarter-of-century birthday and the fact that its coming up in less than two years. I need to chill out! and spend this time focusing on something bigger..greater! God's kingdom and His righteousness.

Lord!!

Forgive me for unnecessarily stressing. I know that just last week, I was worrying about not dating the person I am supposed to marry. I know I need stop doing that. So God, forgive me..I trust in You! I trust that You have EVERYTHING taken care of. Thank You!!

Your daughter on her knees,
AMEN


No comments: