Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Correct the Wrong

Genesis 4:6 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast?
7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.” 
Cain was upset because God had accepted Abel's offering but not his. God was telling Cain that if he did what was right, it will be accepted. He was also telling Cain that although sin is near, Cain must master it, overcome it. God was letting Cain know that because of not doing what was right [providing a worthy offering], Cain now felt angry, which could lead to sin. God was advising Cain to overcome the anger and do what was right in God's eyes.
There are so many times that because of our mistakes, we allow it to take us to a level of sin. It is time for us to look at the mistakes that are pointed out to us and find a way to overcome it. There is a saying, "learn from your mistakes". I believe we should take that to heart and use our mistakes to learn from them and correct them. We are always given the chance to try again, so we should take that chance instead of allowing our mistakes to lead us to sin.
Father,
I love how You can use stories from soooooo long ago to speak into our lives. Thank You! As I look back on my own life, I can see where I have allowed my mistakes lead me to sin. Please forgive me for not taking those opportunities to look at my mistakes and make the choice to choose Your way. It is time I consistently be honest with my mistakes, and take the opportunity to adjust according to Your will. Love You!

No comments: