Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rainbow

Genesis 8-Genesis 11

Genesis 9:12
And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

After Noah and his family spent 150 days in the ark, God made a covenant between Himself, every living creature on the ark and the generations to come [us]. He said He will never destroy the earth again by the floods of water. God used a rainbow as a sign of His covenant with us.

Every time we see a rainbow peak its way through the clouds, we should remember this covenant. We should rejoice in the mercy God has given us, by creating this covenant. I will rejoice in the mercy God has given me.

Dear Father,
I want to thank You for continuously showing me Your mercy. I pray that I am reminded of this covenant you made with Noah everytime I see a rainbow in the sky. I pray that I don't think of it as an effect of light shining through water in the air, but as a reminder of Your merciful and faithful heart. Thank You

In Your merciful and mighty name,
Amen

No comments: