Monday, October 19, 2009

Arbitrator

Job 6-9

Job 9:33
If only there were someone to arbitrate between us,
to lay his hand upon us both,

34 someone to remove God's rod from me,
so that his terror would frighten me no more.

35 Then I would speak up without fear of him,
but as it now stands with me, I cannot.

Job felt he was being punished by God and was seeking someone to arbitrate/mediate between him and God. He needed someone to bring lay a hand on him and God and bring them together. He knew that the mediator would be bale to remove God's rod from him, allowing him to speak to God freely.

Jesus is the Mediator. Jesus proved to be the Arbitrator by dying for us, renewing our fellowship with God. The relationship Adam and Eve had in the garden.

Lord Jesus,
By dying and resurrecting for us, you became the connecting bridge between us and God. Thank You for that. Job knew how much he needed an arbitrator, I pray that those that don't know it yet, soon learn that they need You to mend their relationship with God.

In Your gracious name,
Amen

No comments: