Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall to the ground in worship

Job 1-Job 5

Job 1:20
Then he fell to the ground in worship 21 and said:
"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."

Job 2:9
His wife said to him, "Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!"

10 He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?"

Job just had his oxen, sheep, servants, camels AND his 7 sons and 3 daughters taken away from him. Instead of cursing God, Job fell on his knees and praised God. When his wife told him to curse God, job knew that we should not only accept good from God, but also all the bad. Job knew that what had happened was because God allowed it to happen. He knew to accept what God had allowed to happen by praising Him.

It is so easy for us to BLAME God for all the bad things that happen. We only choose to praise God when "good" things happen in our lives. We must remember to rejoice God in good times and bad. God has plans for us, and He allows things to happen for a reason, although it might seem tragic.

Lord,
Teach me to give You praise..not only when things are going good in my life, but to praise You as Job did when times got rough. I am sorry for the times I got angry at You for the times of darkness in my life. Thank You for allowing me to go through times of trials and tribulations. Although at the time, all I could ask was "why"; I now know that it was to build me up, make me stronger, and I thank You for that.

In Your name,
Amen

No comments: