Saturday, September 13, 2008

Accountability by God

Ezekiel 33; Ezekiel 34; Ezekiel 35; Revelation 18

Rhema: Ezekiel 33:7 "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 8 When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for [a] his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 9 But if you do warn the wicked man to turn from his ways and he does not do so, he will die for his sin, but you will have saved yourself.'"

Inspect: God has made us watchmen for others. When we assume the position of accountability over a person, we are accountable for his sinful ways that we know of. If we are told by God that what he is doing is wrong and sinful and we do not try to speak out to warn him, then we will be held accountable in the eyes of the Lord. However, if we do speak out to warn him, and he chooses to not turn from his sinful ways, we are safe and he will die for his sin.

Commit: I must remember to warn others of their sinful ways. I must listen to the word God speaks so that I am able to warn them for Him.

Exalt: Father,
Thank you for teaching me this great lesson from your word. I pray that I remember to not be a selfish Christian. I pray that You open my ears and my heart so that I can always hear what You want to tell me. Lord, I will listen to what You have to say and I ask to remember to listen to You and give warnings to those that need them. Thank you once again!

Amen

No comments: