Wednesday, August 11, 2010

planted by water

Jeremiah 17:
5 This is what the Lord says:
“Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who depends on flesh for his strength
and whose heart turns away from the Lord.

6 He will be like a bush in the wastelands;
he will not see prosperity when it comes.
He will dwell in the parched places of the desert,
in a salt land where no one lives.

7 “But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.

8 He will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.” 


The Lord is telling Jeremiah that those who rely on man or on flesh for strength will not see prosperity, even when it comes. However, the person who relies on God will never have to worry and will always be prosperous.


I have failed! Although most of the time I place my confidence in God, there are times when I rely on man, or my own strength.Whenever, I rely on myself, that is when I begin to feel dry...I begin to stress, to worry and I find myself trying to quench the dryness in tears. I need to place my trust in the Lord 100% of the time. There is no doubt, that when I do place my trust in God, I never run dry. Imagine if I place my full trust in Him ALL the time, in all aspects of my life!


Lord!
Thank You for being that spring of water, that is forever quenching our thirst. Thank You for taking our fears and our worries and promising us prosperity. Please forgive me for not trusting in You fully. Lord, I pray that You help me at times I am weak, and I fail to trust in You. Lord, remind me to place my confidence, in the one person that can NEVER let me down. Lord Jesus, I place every aspect of my life: friends, work, relationship, family, spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical into Your hands. I pray that I never have to worry and that these areas of my life will be fruitful! Thank You.


In Your merciful name,
Amen.

No comments: