Tuesday, August 10, 2010

my life is not my own

Jeremiah 10-13

Jeremiah 10: 23 I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. 24 Correct me, Lord, but only with justice— not in your anger, lest you reduce me to nothing

Our lives do not belong to us. God created us, gave us breath and when we allow Him to, directs our paths. However, there are many times we try to plan out our lives. Making decisions for ourselves, forgetting to turn to God first. When God corrects us, it is because He is just and He loves us. If He was to correct us out of anger, we would be nothing. His power is too strong and at times when He has been angry at His people, His punishment brought them to nonexistence.


There are so many times when I try to take my life into my own hands. Of course when I do that, my life begins to go off track and I fail. I need to remember that it is for God to direct my steps and not me. My life is in His hands, and I've asked Him to lead me, so I need to stop being stubborn and let Him.

Lord,
You are just and fair. You loved me even when I turned my back from You. You love me even when I forget to cry out to You. You are love. God I pray that You forgive me. Forgive me for trying to take my life and my relationship into my own hands once again. I see where my relationship has gone, since I've forgotten to surrender it to you daily. So God, I surrender my relationship once again into Your hands. I surrender my tears, my emotions, my happiness, my heart, my next step into Your hands and I pray for guidance. Lord, correct me in the ways that I have been wrong, out of justice Oh God, and not out of Your anger. I pray for reconciliation. I pray for peace, peace over my heart, peace over his, peace over our relationship. I love You God, and I know You hear the deepest cries of my heart. 


In Your peaceful name,
Amen.

No comments: