Wednesday, June 2, 2010

He is my Lover, and I am His Beloved

Song of Solomon 1-Song of Solomon 8


I have to start off, by saying this was such a poetic and beautiful love letter conversation, however sometimes I got a little lost, so I had to use The Message Translation to help me understand.




Song of Solomon 2:7 "Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires." [NIV]


Song of Solomon 3:5 "Oh, let me warn you, sisters in Jerusalem, by the gazelles, yes, by all the wild deer: Don’t excite love, don’t stir it up, until the time is ripe—and you’re ready." [The Message]


Song of Solomon 8:4 "Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires." [NIV]


Wow. Just wow. Reading these beautiful, romantic, sensual songs would make any woman want to fall in love. However, three times in eight chapters we are warned that us women should not force love. We should not MAKE it happen, but wait until the time is right, wait until we are ready.


I'm at a point in my life where I want to be romanced. I know I SHOULD be romanced and sometimes expect it to happen. [whoa there's the evidence of my honesty]. This love letter conversation is a tangible representation of what I want. I want to courted and for it to be natural and beautiful and sensual and REAL. So I know I am guilty, as many woman are. Guilty of trying to MAKE something that's supposed to be natural happen. **sigh...**


Lord Jesus, My Lover, My Friend
I lay it down..I've already chosen you to be my Lover..and in many ways You continue to romance me. Lord, I know I didn't MAKE that happen. So I pray Lord that You take away my control. The control that I hold on to when it comes to Love. I pray that You teach me to "not arouse or awaken love until it so desires." Lord God, reveal to me when the time is right who it is You've set apart for me and in the meantime I pray that my relationship with You as my Lover grows deeper. 
By Your love always,
Amen 

No comments: