Monday, June 14, 2010

Eyes Open, Ears Attentative

2 Chronicles 6, 2 Chronicles 7, and Psalms 163


2 Chronicles 7:14-15 "...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place."


After years of building and perfecting the Lord's temple, King Solomon dedicated it to the Lord. The Lord then came down and spoke to Solomon. The Lord promises to hear their prayers from Heaven, forgive their sin and heal their land. He promises to open His eyes and ears to their prayers. However, He says only if they not only pray and seek, but also humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways.


Many times we come to God expecting Him to answer our prayers, but we fail to humble ourselves. We also forget that it has to be a intentional decision to turn from our wicked ways. We must remember that although God has promised to hear our prayers, it is still our responsibility to make sure our prayers are coming from a humble and sanctified heart.


Lord God,
I know I am guilty of coming at You with just requests. I pray that You forgive me for treating You like You are my personal wishing well. I am once again reminded of what the state of my heart must be. I love You and everything that You continue to do in my life.
Amen

No comments: