Monday, March 9, 2009

It's your choice: Be Blessed or Be Cursed

Deuteronomy 10; Deuteronomy 11; Deuteronomy 12; Mark 16

Deuteronomy 11: 26 “Look, today I am giving you the choice between a blessing and a curse! 27 You will be blessed if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today. 28 But you will be cursed if you reject the commands of the Lord your God and turn away from him and worship gods you have not known before.


God gave us the choice to be blessed or to be cursed. It is as easy as following the commandments of our Lord or rejecting them. Basically, follow what God has commanded us to do and don't reject what He has commanded us by turning away from him and worshiping other gods.

I know that when God said do not worship other gods, He didn't just mean other religion's gods; He also meant putting things ahead of Him. Whether it's our jobs, school, friends, and addictions. We must commit to making God the god of our lives. Whatever it is we see as important, let's not put that before God and His commandments. Let's choose to be blessed.

Lord Jesus,
I want to put You first in my life. I know that at times, I may focus on other things, but Lord I am willing and ready to make that change. You gave us the choice to be blessed or to be cursed. And Lord, I choose to be blessed. Thank You for that choice.

In Your Holy and Mighty name,
Amen

No comments: